There are two questions that every person asks at some point in their lives? Who is God? Who am I?
I want to share with you what the Bible says about who you are.
Who am I without Christ?
– “This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you’re not on my side, you’re the enemy; if you’re not helping, you’re making things worse.” – Matthew 12:30
– Since we have compiled this long and sorry record as sinners and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. – Romans 3:23
– It wasn’t so long ago that you were mired in that old stagnant life of sin. You let the world, which doesn’t know the first thing about living, tell you how to live. You filled your lungs with polluted disbelief, and then exhaled disobedience. – Ephesians 2:1-2
– But don’t take any of this for granted. It was only yesterday that you outsiders to God’s ways had no idea of any if this, didn’t know the first thing about the way God works, hadn’t the faintest idea of Christ. You knew nothing of that rich history of God’s covenants and promises in Israel, hadn’t a clue about what God was doing in the world at large. – Ephesians 2:11-13
– You’re cheating on God. If all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and His way. – James 4:4
Who am I in Christ?
– But whoever did want Him, who believed who He was He claimed and would do what He said, He made to be their true selves, their child-of-God selves. – John 1:12
– “I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father. – John 15:15
– The God-setting-things-right that we read about has become Jesus-setting-things-right for us. And not only for us, but for everyone who believes in Him. – Romans 3:23
– Could it be any clearer? Our old way of life was nailed to the Cross with Christ, a decisive end to that sin-miserable life – no longer at sin’s beck and call! Romans 6:6
– With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. – Romans 8:1
– Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons! – 2 Corinthians 5:17
– You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, His generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
I pray that you have a better understanding of who you are without Christ and who you are with Christ. If it is a question in your mind of where you are at, that is probably a good indicator you may not be in Christ. If you want to make sure of that pray a prayer confessing these things:
1. I am a sinner.
2. I need a Savior.
3. I believe Jesus is that Savior.
4. His shed blood on the cross covers my sins.
5. I believe Jesus died, rose again, and sits at the right hand of Father God in heaven.
6. I now need the help of the Holy Spirit to live a holy and pure life.
7. Forgive me for my sins.
8. Help me walk right with God every day.
9. Thank Jesus.
10. Commit to living for God.